Sunday, June 21, 2009

Last Week in Java.

Java was more along the lines of the regular planned and balanced vacation. I didn't have to dodge adventures left and right anymore, but they were still easy to create.

I've shot a bit of adrenaline in my blood while taking a solo(for once in Indonesia!) sunset hike inside of the huge crater (that had mini volcanoes in it).
From JavaWeekThree
Sun was setting and the area was looking beautiful,
From JavaWeekThree
I was about to start heading back, but then I saw the full moon rising, and figured I would have enough light to explore.
From JavaWeekThree
This proved to be a bad idea, since fog started filling the crater faster than I could safely find my way back. Dogs appearing out of nowhere and barking at me didn't help either...
The next morning, the crater was full of fog and looked safe and magnificent!
From JavaWeekThree
Last 3 days I spent in the cities: small and cultural Solo and its bigger touristy neighbor Jogjakarta.
More temples,
From JavaWeekThree
absolutely amazing street food,
From JavaWeekThree

local crafts,
From JavaWeekThree
From JavaWeekThree
sultan palaces
From JavaWeekThree

and... a marriage proposition were included in my Solo experience.
From JavaWeekThree
On the last day in Jogjakarta, I broke down and went to my old habits of couch-surfing and as usual it was amazing!
From JavaWeekThree
Every single place I visited left me wanting more of it. I am torn between the desire to come back to the same spots and wanting to see more of Indonesia. Next trip will have to be Kalimantan, Papua and hopefully some small islands in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment